wpf - Make VS2012-compatible a VSIX extension developed for VS2013 -


As the title, I developed a VSIX package based on the "Visual Studio Package" template project in VS2013.

This is a very simple extension that adds decoration layer to text editor, and has code.

I am trying to add consistency for VS 2012, no luck.

I have modified the install target in .vsixmanifest and in fact, as I launch the installer, it asks me if I want to install VS 2012 too, the extension itself is well-established Does, but I get a problem because it is activated on IWpfTextViewCreationListener (as soon as I open a text file for editing), and it appears that the context in the project The relation is related to the DLL version.

I found the activity log:

   

This refers to Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.UI.Wpf.dll which is 12.0, I have tried to mark the reference with the "Speype version" = false, But the problem remains.

As a side note, I am not able to run VS 2012 in the experimental mode that loads the extension. I have changed Visual Studio 11.0 \ Common7 \ IDE \ devenv.exe to the project "Start the external program" option, and it runs in experimental mode, but without loading the extension. To check this, I have to produce VSX and have to install it in VS 2012 (and this one pain).

Any suggestions about how to proceed? Is it really related to assembly misconceptions?

You have to change Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.UI Wpf.dll for version 12.0 to 11.0

For Visual Studio 2012, you have to use 11.0 assemblies for compatibility below.

You can get them through NuGet:

> PM & gt; Install-package VSSDK.Text.11


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -