count string value using map in javascript, return NaN -


I am trying to use a map to measure the duplicate string number in an array, my code: < / P>

  var map = {}; Var Mearer = ["John", "John", "John", "Do", "Do", "Smith", "John", "Do", "Jo"]; (Var a = 0; a & lt; myarray.length; a ++) {if (map [mare [a]] == tap) {map [marta [a]] + = 1; } And {Map [Mareare [A]] = 1; }}  

But when I do console.log (map); gives it

  object {John: NaN, Doe: Nain, Smith: Nain, Joe: Nain}  

Why is this Nyan? ? I should have a similar result:

  John: 4, DOE: 3, Smith: 1, Joe: 1  

How can I do this? Thank you in advance.

In this case you null strictly === < / Code> because is not equal to null . Try it:

  if (map [mare [a]] = tap) { 

or simply:

  (Map [Mareare [A]]) { 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -