Working with excel file in R -


I'm still drinking every time when I work with Excel file in R

Most What's the best way to do the following?

1- In the form of "complete workbook" can you be able to analyze imported Excel and any sheet in the workbook? If you think of using XLConnect , please keep in mind the problem "out of memory" with Java. I have more than 30MB files and every time I deal with Java memory problem It takes more time. ( -Xmx running does not work for me).

2- Do not miss any data from any Excel sheet? Saves the file in csv and says that some sheets are "out of range" which are 65,536 rows and 256 columns. Apart from this, it can not deal with some formulas.

3- Do not need to import each sheet separately? Import a sheet for SPSS, STATA or preview and save it in its extension and then work in R's output file, which works most of the time though, there are two major problems in this method; One is that you have to download the software on the machine and the second is that it imports only one sheet at the time. If I have more than 30 sheets, then it takes a lot of time.

This can be a continuous question that has been answered many times, however, each answer to solve a part of the problem, not the whole issue. To solve this problem is like tactically flaming fire.

I read R 3.1.1 on Mac OS 10.10

I open Excel Some packages have tried openxlsx is definitely the best route it is faster and more stable than other people. The function is: openxlsx :: read.xlsx. My advice is to read the entire sheet and play with the data within R, rather than reading the part of the sheet several times. I used it to open large Excel files (8000 call plus) for 1000 lines, and it always worked well. I use the package xlsx to write in Excel, but there are many memory problems to read it (so I have moved to OpenXSLX)

- Add a side note, if you use R If you want to excel, sometimes you need to execute a VBA code from R. The process is very difficult for me to achieve this. I have documented the proper way to do it in stack in the whole question:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -