Can't create SQL Server 2012 database from Visual studio 2010 (SSDT) on my local PC -


I am a new SQL Server programmer and this is my first question that can help you on the stack overflow ...

I have installed them in my pc: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 + SQL Server 2012 Enterprise + Visual Studio 2010 (SSDT that came with my SQL Server 2012) What I want to do is create a database from SSDT .

In Server Explorer, I clicked on the data connection -> Create a new SQL Server database After inputting my server name and choosing "Use Windows authentication" (which is my SQL Server 2012 In case), I got this warning:

This server version is not supported. Only server supported by Microsoft SQL Server 2008.

What do I do? Will I upgrade to Visual Studio 2013 or have other options?

Visual Studio is not really the issue here and you did not say that You VS Why did you install 2010 (are you really developing the app with it?) If you actually have VS I will remove it and just install the latest SSDT. It will install VS Shell, in which SSDT will have sufficient functionality to run fully. Then you should be able to create a SQL Server 2012 database, which I believe is what you want to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -