postgresql - Add a serial column based on a sorted column -


I have a table that has a column with an undeveloped value. I want to block this column and add a column to record its order. My SQL code is:

  selectable * newtable from column_name desc by old locks order; Column ID serial to add table newtables;  

Will this apply to my goal? I know that there are no fixed orders in the PostgreSQL rows. So I'm not sure about it.

Optional table (s) via SERIAL , create it on insert-time

  Create a new tablet table (ID serial exclusively tap, like all OLYNtableable); Select a new tablet in the next ('newtable_id_seq'), * oldtable ORDER BY column_name desc;  

This avoids a table rewriting, and unlike your prior approach, the right order is guaranteed.

(If you want to be a PK, and there was no PK in the previous table, replace not unique empty to primary key if the first table If you had a PK, you would need to use the like do not include the constraints .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -