restore - Error while installing openldap server on ubuntu 14.04 mkdir: cannot create directory `/etc/ldap/slapd.conf': File exists -


I am trying to set up the ldap server on my Ubuntu 14.04. I used the last ldap server setup centos 6 which uses that flat file configuration i.e slapd.conf method for ldap.

Now I want to setup the openldap server on Ubuntu 14.04. I have kept all the content from / etc / openldap in centr in / etc / ldap on Ubuntu. When I try to install ldap using the following

  $ sudo apt-get Install slapd  

I'm getting under error:

  Setting Slipd (2.4.31-1ubuntu2) ... Creating the initial configuration ... Mkdir: directory can not create `/etc/ldap/slapd.conf ': file exists dpkg: error processing slapd (--configure): subprocess / usr / bin / dpkg has an error D (1)  

I have removed the database / var / lib / ldap /

  $ sudo rm -rf / var / lib / ldap / * From  

files, then I tried to change it from slapd.conf using slapd.d

  $ sudo slaptest - F slapd.conf -F slapd.d  

I get an error as below.

  Unrecognized database type (BDB) 546470b0 slapd.conf: Line 99: & lt; Database & gt; Unsuccessful init (bdb) slaptest: poor configuration directory!  

What should be done to configure my own slapd.conf and database.

The following command converts slapd.conf to slapd.d:

  slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -