Managing Laravel migrations in Git branches -


I have two main branches in my GIT repo, owner and developed . Since then Developed I make more branches while developing new features. Once I get finished with development then merge and deploy me into developed in master . I also keep track of my DB migration in GIT.

Now my problem was to do some hot-fixes in master , which included DB schema modifications (= migration). So I myself have the structure of DB ( master ) in production and a different structure ( evolving ) in development, and some of developed In the Master must be the first to be injected before the final migration, which will be injected before the final migration in developed should be there.

One more thing is that I think rollback should not be implemented in production (any production data can be lost).

I will find a way in this situation, but I am surprised that there is a standard approach to managing such scenarios, especially when you have an app in production.

Update:

I think the next stage should develop the ribs on the master, thus master high-fix migrations In the form of developing they were done before any work on developed branches.

It brings 2 problems:

  1. I have several branches that come out of development which I do not do master ( If this is also possible)

  2. How to leak at Laravel migration Master hot-fix at once (after some migration in developed Created) will already be the scheduler after develop after coming into the branches, so I do not believe develop if Migrants already If only master is played then migration will also be executed.

I think you can be different from the master Let's Bugfix branch is called.

  1. Fix your bug in BugFix branch
  2. To use only the GUT Cherry-pick command that you want to include in the master branch. Finally, you can merge or merge with the developer bracket.

Hope it helps if something goes wrong, leave a comment ready for help.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -