Can I use asp.net web project file in windows console c# -


I am very new to Windows software development. I have created a web site using VS Express 2013. It reads an XML file, connects to 4 different databases, it brings data from these databases according to the XML file and displays new data on the screen. / P>

The problem is: Reading data from XML and background should be in the background. Users should only see the output. So I decided to make a console application and used the windows task scheduler which will call the console application every hour.

My question is:

Do I have the same code (Asp.Net Web) on the C # console application without making too much changes?

I am currently downloading Visual Studio 2013 and I do not know what to do.

It depends on the referenced assemblies that you are using in your code, but generally If your dependency is referenced, then your C # code can be used for both web and console applications.

To do it correctly, it is better to put your code into third-party class library which can be referred to your choice, either the console application startup project or the website startup project.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -