Can I use asp.net web project file in windows console c# -


I am very new to Windows software development. I have created a web site using VS Express 2013. It reads an XML file, connects to 4 different databases, it brings data from these databases according to the XML file and displays new data on the screen. / P>

The problem is: Reading data from XML and background should be in the background. Users should only see the output. So I decided to make a console application and used the windows task scheduler which will call the console application every hour.

My question is:

Do I have the same code (Asp.Net Web) on the C # console application without making too much changes?

I am currently downloading Visual Studio 2013 and I do not know what to do.

It depends on the referenced assemblies that you are using in your code, but generally If your dependency is referenced, then your C # code can be used for both web and console applications.

To do it correctly, it is better to put your code into third-party class library which can be referred to your choice, either the console application startup project or the website startup project.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Active Directory Authenticated Proxy Server with Squid or CNTLM -

java - @PluginTarget(Node.class) not registering as neo4j plugin -

python - Calculate STD manually using Groupby Pandas DataFrame -