csplit - Split a batch of text files using pattern -


I have a directory of about one thousand HTML files. Depending on the recurring pattern (a title), each file has multiple text Files must be split into. I'm on a window machine using the GnuWin32 tool.

I have found a way to do this for a file:

  csplit 1.html -b "% 04d.txt" / "In the word headline" / {*}  

But I do not know how to completely repeat this operation on a set of HTML files. This:

  csplit * .html -b "% 04d.txt" / "word title" / {*}  

is not working , And this does not do the same:

 for  in% i (* .html) csplit * .html -b "% 04d.txt" / "in word title" / { *}  

Both the result of an invalid pattern error will be greatly appreciated!

option / logic is important with the command csplit . And it will not accept multiple files This helps you get there:

 % csplit --help Usage: csplit [options] ... file pattern ...  

me It is a surprise that your first example works for a single file, it must be changed to:

 % csplit -b "% 04d.txt" 1.html "/ word / top /" "{ *} "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ Opera / ergus file pattern  

Also note that I changed your quote into around arguments. You may also need to quote your last "{*}" .

I'm not sure which shell you are using, but if the loop syntax is appropriate, then the fixed command should work in the loop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -