csplit - Split a batch of text files using pattern -


I have a directory of about one thousand HTML files. Depending on the recurring pattern (a title), each file has multiple text Files must be split into. I'm on a window machine using the GnuWin32 tool.

I have found a way to do this for a file:

  csplit 1.html -b "% 04d.txt" / "In the word headline" / {*}  

But I do not know how to completely repeat this operation on a set of HTML files. This:

  csplit * .html -b "% 04d.txt" / "word title" / {*}  

is not working , And this does not do the same:

 for  in% i (* .html) csplit * .html -b "% 04d.txt" / "in word title" / { *}  

Both the result of an invalid pattern error will be greatly appreciated!

option / logic is important with the command csplit . And it will not accept multiple files This helps you get there:

 % csplit --help Usage: csplit [options] ... file pattern ...  

me It is a surprise that your first example works for a single file, it must be changed to:

 % csplit -b "% 04d.txt" 1.html "/ word / top /" "{ *} "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ Opera / ergus file pattern  

Also note that I changed your quote into around arguments. You may also need to quote your last "{*}" .

I'm not sure which shell you are using, but if the loop syntax is appropriate, then the fixed command should work in the loop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Active Directory Authenticated Proxy Server with Squid or CNTLM -

java - @PluginTarget(Node.class) not registering as neo4j plugin -

python - Calculate STD manually using Groupby Pandas DataFrame -