SQL Server 2008 R2 Upgrade / Server Move to SQL Server 2014 -


I have a new server and want to install SQL Server 2014 standard and migrate from my old server to SQL Server Runs 2008 R2 (10.50.1600.1)

I have upgraded locally, but transferring servers to my production environment makes matters complicated, so I thought I could make my position progress Ask for the best way. I can think of various options to upgrade, but I'm not sure who will be the best option:

Does this upgrade my existing SQL Server 2008 R2 box with Service Pack 2? would be better? Upgrading, or will it not be a difference if I'm upgrading? If I do, what's the best option below?

1) Install SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 on the current server, upgrade to SQL Server 2014 with-in-backup backup. Restore the SQL Server 2014 backup on the new server.

2) To install SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 on the current server, perform a backup on the SQL Server 2008 server on the new server to restore SQL Server 2008 R2.

I understand that SQL Server 2014 includes new full text search features that are not available in 2008, which are indicated as part of the installation process, so I am thinking That if I restore a 2008 backup in 2014 then I will not fully upgrade '. So it would be better to take option 1 (above) on option 2?

-> restore backup Do not renew your database Therefore, 1) Microsoft SQL Server 2014 installation setup Provide alternatives to upgrade your database from 2008 R2 or 2012. It will already prepare all the processes and if you are able to upgrade your database or you need to make some changes to your old database. After that you can proceed to upgrade the database from 2008 R2 to 2014.

e.g. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2014, and then click SQL Server 2014 Upgrade Advisor for more information

My recommendation will be to establish SQL Server 2014 example and then SQL Server 2014 will back up and migrate the database from SQL Server 2008 R2

2) Other third party tools that will complete all the necessary processes and messaging before the upgrade.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -