Are serial fields in NEW variable inside a before insert trigger function in postgresql initialized? -


In PostgreSQL 9.1, I have to enter another field in a table with the same value as the ID column, which is the serial .

For now I am adding the returning part to the INSERT command and a consistent UPDATE record in the same transaction Command to update

I really want to do this operation in this transaction and preferably only one SQL command (without the need to take support after the inclusion trigger).

My question is before the included trigger on the same table, it is the new variable which is considered to contain the record, which is already starting with the value back Is the next code ('seq_table') for the id field or not?

Can I assign this value to any other field in a similar trigger function? Is this valid?

  NEW.custom_field: = NEW.id;  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -