windows installer - WIX Burn Bootstrapper not asking for admin rights for my MSI -


I created MIIS with WIX, which requires high permissions to work properly In the MSI Project, I'll give it to

  & lt; Specified via package [...] InstallPrivileges = "elevated" />  

Now I had included this MSI in a custom bootstrap project, which is based on that. As I understand it, BootStrapper should not change the position of the machine and thus higher privileges should not be required.

Now I hope that bootstrapper will automatically launch the privileges raised with advanced MSI, so that the user is still unsuccessful, if the UAC dialog is necessary, but not necessarily, the installation fails right now. This works though, when I run as bootstrapper executable clearly as administrator.

How do I ask for bootstrapper for higher permissions when installing MSI?

Now in your case, you are the author of MSI and it was quite easy for you to add InstallScope to the package element. If you are not the author of MSI, then still offers a bootstrapper property that you would like to call per-MSI / EXE

  • then why bootstrapper Are the establishment of a machine per the need of pure privilege and per-user? Simple enough, the registry value is written under the per-user installation HKEY_CURRENT_USER and the registry value for per-machine installation is written under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Only admin user can read / write at HKLM.


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

    javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

    javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -