windows installer - Wix component won't update when patched -


I am creating a patch that will update my MSI built in YSX. I have a component in which there is only one sqlupdatescript which handles all my database changes

When I need to update my DB, I will add another < Code> scllscript will add the problem that if I create a patch that contains only one pair scllscript in that component, the patch will not do anything if I make a change in a file ( In the same feature), I'll also run sqlscript .

Is this expected behavior in YX?

Changes by the changes in the resource marked as Windows Installer KeyPath Detects. This can be a file or registry key, for example. I think your component has a file, which automatically creates an important path. Thus, when you change only one script, the file does not change, and Windows Installer does not know that something was changed. Otherwise, it correctly detects the change and applies patches.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -