bash - Why does 7z create different files? -


I am using the 7z command in the backup scheme, to create a 7z archive for backup purposes. My script also checks to see if this newly created 7z archive is present in my backup folder and if this happens, then I see if the content is different. So if the archive file does not come out or the last md5sum Is different from, so I copy it to my backup folder. So I tried a simple example to test the script, but the problem is that sometimes I get different MD5 sequence for the same folder, which I am compressed. Why is that? Is there any other reliable way to check if the content of the file is different? Commands are simple: $ / file> $ file file $ / file ## * /} 7z a -t7z $ $ SourceFolder $ for the file in the $ sourcefolder

  sourcefolder = "/ home / user / {Localfile} .7z "" $ file "md5value =` md5sum "$ SourceFolder $ {localfile} .7z" | Cut-d "'-f1`  

... copyinf files are from here ...

It is a reliable way to check if two different lossless compressed files are the same. Content is to expand and compare their content (such as using MD5 SUM) of compressed files Comparing will end sooner or later, even if you use a compression plan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Can't add JTree to JPanel of a JInternalFrame -

javascript - data.match(var) not working it seems -

javascript - How can I pause a jQuery .each() loop, while waiting for user input? -